Thursday, November 3, 2011

you're invited


On Tuesday I said I would share the invitation I made for Shannen's baby shower and since I like to keep my promises...here are the supplies and the process:

All the supplies were purchased at Michael's. I first picked out the pack of 25 ivory cards & envelopes and then the colorful cardstock. I originally wanted to use a honeybee stamp on each invitation, but there were none to be found. I settled on a honey bee hole punch from Martha Stewart Crafts.While in the Martha Stewart aisle (which is addicting I might add), I also picked up baker's twine in red, brown, and green. All the supplies came out to less than $20!


I printed the invitations on the ivory cards and cut them in half, then used a Fiskars paper slicer to cut the ivory paper & card stock down to size. I glued the ivory paper onto the cardstock and then glued one colorful honeybee at the top. I printed out the registry information on cardstock, cut it down to size, and looped the bakers twine through another honeybee and the registry tag, and tied it around the invitation! I'll post the final product a little later today :)


Update: The Final Product


1 comment:

  1. Love the invites! Could you tell me what fonts you used? I have a mac, so not sure if I can use exactly what you did! -Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...