Tuesday, November 29, 2011

let's decorate!


Christmas is less than a month away and there is so much decorating to be done! Tay and I are hoping to get our tree over the weekend and I might pick up a wreath from Trader Joe's soon too. My goal is to do as much DIY as possible to make our first Christmas memorable and our home cozy. Of course Pinterest and blogs are PACKED with incredible and unique craft ideas. I barely know where to start!!!


Project #1: I saw this precious advent calendar on Oh Happy Day and knew I HAD to do it. Tay actually didn't know what an advent calendar was...so I'm excited to make it for him :) The tutorial includes the printable download which makes the project a piece of cake. And I have a bunch of muslin bags left over from my wedding favors so I will only need to purchase the iron-on transfer paper! And here's another sweet advent calendar I've admired since last Christmas...


Project #2: This mini Christmas tree paper ornament tutorial from The Sweetest Occasion looks so cute & easy! All you need is printed paper, ribbon or Christmas tree hooks, spray glue & glitter, and the FREE Christmas tree template. We literally have about 8 ornaments to our name so these will surely fill up our tree!


Project #3:  These sparkly acorns can be purchased on Etsy, but I am determined to collect and decorate my own nuts! Well maybe I'll just buy a pack at a craft store...either way, another cute ornament idea with the most essential holiday ingredient - GLITTER!


Project #4: I rarely get bags at Trader Joe's, but if I do, I know I can always use them as wrapping paper for gifts! Lovely Indeed has two great posts about how to re-purpose the paper- found here and here!


Project #5: This card garland idea from Martha Stewart would work perfectly with an unused vintage frame we have! All you need is some Lametta tinsel. I'm really hoping we get some holiday cards sent to our new place, otherwise I might take some from my parents... :)


Project #6: Colorful, felted garland seems like the perfect addition to a newlywed Christmas tree! Tay and I thought about doing the classic popcorn & cranberries garland- but we're a little worried about the bugs that would bring... I saw this picture on Pinterest and found the tutorial on PapernStitch, although I would recommend reading these instructions first! Seems simple enough!

If you have any unique holiday craft ideas, please send them my way!

// Top photo via Gatsby & all his Friends //

2 comments:

  1. okay so i'm going to try my hand at that adorable felted garland! thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sarah! Maybe we can get supplies together :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...