Monday, November 21, 2011

thankful for peace

a quiet time with Tay at Watson Mill Bridge
Thanksgiving always seems to sneak up on me and I have been wanting to express more gratitude outside of just that day. And honestly, just one week is not even enough time to meditate on all that we have to be grateful for. I've been blessed with many gifts- family, friendships, a place to live- and when I forget those things, I focus on things I don't have and become selfish and greedy.


Today I am most grateful for the peace that comes from the Lord. Without prayer and mediation on the Word, I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy this life, understand my purpose, and appreciate the grace I am so unworthy of. And without grace, I would never experience the glorious freedom of forgiveness!

Photo from Pinterest

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness 
will be quietness and confidence forever."
-Isaiah 32:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...