Thursday, November 10, 2011

rain & dinner


It was rainy here in Athens this morning and all I wanted to do was snuggle under a blanket and read a book. Instead, I'm watching the kiddos and hoping the weather clears up so they don't get cabin fever :)

Last Thursday I made dinner with some girlfriends. We usually go out together (which is always a fun excuse to dress up), but we decided on an evening in to make things cheaper for everyone. For our main dish, Alisha made this incredible twice-baked squash with sliced sausage.


I baked brie topped with raspberry jam and wrapped in pastry. Anna made a yummy squash soup and Carol Anne brought the carrot cake dessert & wine.




We stuffed ourselves silly and are very excited about our new tradition. I will post the recipes once I get them from the gals.


After watching the kids today, I'm hoping to go to an event on campus for careers in event planning and tonight hubby & I are going out for drinks with friends. It should be a lovely Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I am planning the wedding preparations with your writings sivilce nedir

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...