Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Marching On


Did anyone else feel as startled by the beginning of March as I did? I feel like it's an easily forgotten month, but I'm so glad this Sunday is Day Light Savings so that evenings will feel longer and I get to celebrate T's birthday at the end of the month.

Now that I am two months in to my PowerSheets, I thought I would do a little re-cap. Over the weekend I reviewed my goals from February and was disappointed by how few of the weeks could be deemed "successful" based on checking things off my list. Perhaps my expectations were too high for such a short month, but I think I found my daily goals to be more daunting than enjoyable (which was not the case in January).

My five daily goals for March are:


1. Cut out bread from diet when possible. Believe me, I did NOT want to put this in writing, but I'm considering this holding myself more accountable!
2. Have my quiet time. Reading the Daily Bible has been incredible!
3. Plan dinner. This is a huge weakness of mine, but I want to overcome it. Planning doesn't necessarily mean cooking, as long as I participate in some aspect (plan, shop or cook).
4. Encourage Taylor. I usually have to ask him if I've done this ;)
5. Work on Planning Pod To Do List. This is for my work and is helping me stay on track with all my clients this year. Even just checking off one or two items per bride feels like huge weight lifted! Speaking of work, I found this article interesting & inspiring!

Of course I have different goals in addition to be accomplished each week (example: work out at gym 2x per week) and then goals to be accomplished by the end of the month (example: read marriage book) but I have streamlined and simplified my goals to feel more like me, or not what someone else would want for me.  How are your 2014 goals going so far?

xo

P.S. This is my 300th post on YLIN :)

// Top image from A Little Dash of Darling //

2 comments:

  1. I started reading Jesus Calling in January, and I also have something else I read in addition to that each day. The Jesus Calling book is great because it's super short, and depending on the time, you can choose to really meditate and study scriptures, or just read it quickly and try to latch your mind onto one thought to carry throughout the day. Since there's one for each specific day, it's easier to plan and set aside time to read every morning.
    Also... can't wait for Andrew and I to have our own place. I want to slowly try to do vegan and gluten free... and maybe cut out sugar? so basically easy grass :) ha, but i'd like to see how i would feel!
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO funny you mention Jesus Calling as the last time I was at my parents house my mom was talking about it. I've had to be flexible with the timing of my quiet time as I've had more time to focus in the evenings. I can't wait for y'all to have your own place too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...