Tuesday, March 13, 2012

dream home {bathroom}





Our new bathroom will be pretty small, but with a fresh clean look the space will look larger. We will repaint the turquoise walls and brown ceiling (?!) white and bring in color through the shower curtain and accents. I love the idea of a nautical themed bathroom. It reminds me of summers at Cape Cod with my great aunt Carol and uncle Avril.



This gorgeous bathroom makeover was featured on Design*Sponge. The warm wood, clean tile and bright accents are calming without being too beach themed. My goals will be to find or make a gingham shower curtain and a rustic chair or stool for towels like in the photo below.



Flowers always look lovely in bathrooms, but I would want to use something that dries well. Simple flowers, like the billy balls above, add a bright pop of color. I also would love to incorporate rope accents.




For a subtle touch of the sea, I hope to find a lovely print online or in a vintage shop. Sailboats, anchors, and maps all make me think of New England vacations filled with swimming and exploring.





 And what hard-working girl would not want this stunning bath tub tray?


Sigh. Does your bathroom have a "theme"? Is it worth it for such a small space?

// Photo sources: 1. via Wit + Delight, 2. from Design*Sponge, 3. via Apartment Therapy, 4. via Design*Sponge, 5. from my home ideas 6. from Martha Stewart, 7. via Design* Sponge, 8. via Preppie Bettie, 9. from High Street Market, 10. from etsy, 11. from Martha Stewart, 12. from Pinterest //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...