Monday, July 22, 2013

Ocean Front Quiet Time


There is something special and uniquely different about quiet times on the beach. Perhaps it's the fact that things are just put in perceptive when you realize how small you are in comparison to the ocean of how many grains of sand surround you and yet God knows exactly how many there are...

I'm grateful for time to mediate, pray and read with salt water air blowing in my face. Recently I have seen a weakness of mine that is in serious need of improvement. My complaining attitude has just gotten out of control and I am working on getting back to the basics:

It is better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife. - Proverbs 21:19 NLT

Do I really believe this to be true? That it would actually be better for Taylor to be alone- in a desert- than for him to be married to me when I complain? I would never want God to look at our life and think Taylor would be better off without me so I will be using this scripture as some serious motivation to mature!

Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. - 1 Timothy 6:6 NLT

I feel like this is a life lesson a lot of my friends are going through currently (both Gayle and Jenna have shared). And even though I don't live in a new place pushing me out of my social comfort zone, contentment is a daily battle no matter where I am. It doesn't take much for me to complain, even about something small like the weather, and I am only just seeing now how that attitude truly robs me of godliness and spiritual wealth. Now you can all hold me accountable to my goal of no complaining :)

// Photo via Patterson Maker //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...