Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Mom Makes a Mean Margarita


In honor of my Mom's birthday today, I thought I would share her killer margarita recipe that we have been enjoying this week while at the beach.

Mel's Top Shelf Margarita (for one)
- 1/2 oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur
- 2 1/2 oz Sweet & Sour Mix
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 oz 1800 Tequilla (or Patron Silver 100% Agave Tequila)

Fill mixing glass with ice. Pour in all ingredients. Shake well. Pour into salt rimmed glass and add lime wedge or wheel. If you prefer your margarita blended, add 2 cups of ice into the blender. You can also freeze the mixture in a plastic cup and take it with you to the beach :)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. holy cow this looks amazing. ahhhh the heat in haitiiiiii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine the heat! I feel like our senior year spring break was when I finally started to like margaritas. We will need to grab (or make) one in September ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...