Monday, December 12, 2011

Favorite Christmas Movies

[source]
Sorry for a later post today! This morning was very rushed and work was busy. But guess what?! Baby Lucy was born Sunday morning! And I got to see her today! She is the tiniest little thing I've ever seen and I'm so glad she's finally here to begin her adventurous life!

Anyways, back to what I was going to talk about...

One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the Christmas movie marathons! Today I thought I'd post my Top 10 All-time Favorite Christmas Movies Ever*. Here it goes:

[source]
10. The Holiday - Let's see where do I begin? Christmas in the English countryside with Jude Law's "daughters" who build a lovely fort and have cute accents? Yes please! Kate Winslet's friendship with Arthur (Eli Wallach) is really sweet too. However, I don't have much patience for Cameron Diaz's character...but her wardrobe makes up for her lack of acting skills.

[source]
9. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - I think this pretty much sums it up: "The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. BUT WHAT WOULD I WEAR"

[source]
8. Home Alone - As an adolescent in the 90's, anything Macaulay Culkin touched was gold in my eyes. Harry & Marv are the best Christmas villains of all time. Oh, and "Buzz's girlfriend...woof."

[source
7. Love Actually - "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...Christmas is all around us, c'mon let it show!" Each love story is beautiful & sweet, but of course Colin Firth's romance is my favorite. Taylor has yet to this one so I can't wait to watch it with him!

[source]
6. Just Friends - OK this one might not be a Christmas classic, but 'Samantha James' is hilarious and the movie reminds me of all those awkward interactions you can have when you run into friends from high school over holiday break...

[source]
5. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Again, not necessarily a Christmas classic, but during every holiday break since Freshman year, my friends and I have a LOTR (Extended Edition) movie marathon. It's about as epic as a Peter Jackson battle scene.

[source]
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Clark Griswold at his finest; torturing his family through ridiculous traditions and tolerating cousin Eddie. This is probably the most quotable Christmas movie and makes me laugh until I cry. Eddie: You surprised to see us Clark? Clark: Oh Eddie, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sown to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

[source]
3. Elf - This shouldn't need much explanation. Will Farrel exploring the Big Apple as a delusional mythical character/human + Zooey Deschanel's crooning voice = match made in Christmas heaven! Oh and the warehouse scene is beyond funny.

[source]
2. It's A Wonderful Life - I have yet to meet someone that doesn't like this film. Jimmy Stewart steals my heart from the beginning and the moral never gets old- you are special to somebody and the world would be completely different if you hadn't been born.

[source]
1. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - Very rarely are sequels better than the original, but I have to say that this particular sequel is not only better, it's my favorite Christmas movie. New York is truly the most magical (and stressful) place to be at Christmas time. To be a kid, staying at The Plaza, and enjoying all that Manhattan has to offer would be a dream come true! And Marv gets electrocuted...so...yeah.

*The movies in bold are ones I've seen so far this season. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Any holiday movie recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...