Friday, June 21, 2013

Make a New Friend


Today I am putting out a challenge and that is to make a new friend this summer! Not an acquaintance or someone who you consistently sit next to in spin class- a true friend that you might actually share your hopes, fears, and dreams with!

With two of my besties moving this summer, my selfish nature wants to be overly dramatic and sink into a deep dark hole of sadness/loneliness/depression/you get the picture. However, I am motivated to defeat that temptation by simply investing in more friendships. I've been making it a conscious effort to initiate time with girls I might not necessarily be close to, whether we are in different stages of life or not. I've come to realize that no matter what chapter of life I am in (college, married, working, stressed, etc) there is always something to relate in with others.

It might seem like a daunting challenge at first, but just grabbing coffee, frozen yogurt or BBQ instantly makes room for conversation. I love how God always provides friendships at the perfect time, in unexpected ways.

Will you accept this challenge?!

// Photo via breathe Him in & beathe Him out //

1 comment:

  1. I love this challenge Marilisa. I'm always amazed at what friendships I have found in unexpected ways.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...