Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Girls Trip to San Francisco


It might have been two months ago, but I am happy to finally share some photos from a trip to San Francisco with my mom. Back in November she asked where I would like to take a girls trip and even though the beach options were appealing, I couldn't resist the opportunity to travel out west.

The last time I was in SF, I was a kid visiting family so it's safe to say I didn't have much appreciation for the sites, sounds and food. My mom planned most of the weekend and we had an incredible time discovering the city and eating to our hearts content.




Our first evening in the city included dinner at Sutro's with the most epic view of the cliffs on the coast. We also took an impromptu drive through Golden Gate Park and eventually over the bridge for a sunset photo opportunity. We loved our little red rental car - the perfect size for two little women!




The next day we grabbed breakfast at Brenda's and drove to Napa Valley for an extra special wine tasting. Our tour guide was my uncle's sister so having a family member provide a private tour of Stag's Leap Wine Cellars was definitely a perk :) The landscape was a breathtaking backdrop as we sipped fine wine and toured the grounds and cellars. My mom purchased a case and recently gave a bottle of Artemis to Taylor and I for our anniversary.




Our third day in San Francisco included a trip up to Muir Woods for a life-changing hike through the Redwoods. I was in awe of God's majesty as the hundreds-of-year-old-trees towered over us. If you have the opportunity to visit Muir Woods, even just for an hour, it is so worth the trek. After our morning hike, we drove back down to Sausalito for sailboat watching and dinner at Scoma's.


Our last day was left to spontaneity so I asked my friend Natalie for some suggestions and she recommended we visit the Ferry Building. I picked up a few gifts for friends and we had the best Vietnamese lunch EVER as The Slanted Door. Our trip was filled with hilarious moments - like the European bikers who were also staying at our [sketchy] hotel, and visiting the Fortune Cookie Factory in Chinatown. I felt so grateful for my mom and her generosity in spoiling me with such a fun trip. I can't wait to go back!



xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Dying for another trip out to SF. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...