Friday, February 10, 2012

sweet valentine

[source]
A few years ago I thought Valentine's Day was pointless. This conviction was so deep that Taylor and I actually had one of our first fights over the matter. "Why celebrate love the same day everyone else does when I already enjoy doing that every day? Why give in to the commercialized holiday-in-the-name-of-love so the rich can get richer and the poor poorer?" [Can you tell I was passionate?] Now that we've been together a little longer, I will gladly take any excuse to get dolled up for a date with my best friend (even if everyone else is :)

Inspiration for February 14th is all over the web so to get ready for V-Day, I thought I would share some of my favorite ideas for the sweet someone in my life.

Photo by: Paper + Twine
A Cupid Kit via The Sweetest Occasion- complete with homemade heart and love memo.


An Ephemera Collage Valentine turned into a modern piece of art via Design*Sponge


Seven Days of Love pill box via The Dating Divas. Who wouldn't like a little love note for each day of the week accompanied by candy!

Luckily I'm married to a man who is not very picky about gifts, but loves a heart-felt card. On Monday night we're going to the 5th Annual Sweethearts Duet Hoot presented by the Athens Folk Music & Dance Society at The Melting Point. We've gone the past two years and always have a great time.

My DIY project for the weekend is to spruce up some old cans with paint and pink hearts in case I get any flowers on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...