Friday, January 6, 2012

resolutions

Photo via Strikes our Fancy

Today I thought I would share my resolutions for the new year. I usually divide my resolutions between changes I want to make spiritually, physically, and academically- but since I'm no longer in school, I have made goals for my job.

Spiritual Goals
A resolution I've made for my walk with God is to be more consistent in my time of reading and praying. I've been reading Simply Jesus and it's transformed the way I want to read my Bible and appreciate the power of Jesus. I want to grow in my depth of knowledge of the Word not just for myself, but to help others understand the Truth. I also know that my time with God deeply affects my relationships- especially my marriage- and I want Taylor and I to be more faithful in prayer together.


Physical Goals
Like most soon-to-be brides, I was super committed to working out before my wedding day. I loved scheduling time at the gym three days a week and seeing results from my hard work. For the past two months I haven't been as committed to my workouts and when you combine that with all the amazing terribly-bad-for-you food I had over the holiday...I've felt much more lethargic. Taylor has wanted us to rethink our diet as well- specifically, cutting out bread and adding in more protein. I've been a little slow with the transition (I love my carbs), but my goal is that breads (and most carbs) are completely cut out by the end of January and I have set workout times three days a week.


Career Goals
Starting the New Year with a new job is pretty exciting! Especially when I think about how worried I was last summer that I wouldn't even find an internship... My goal for work is to have a balance of humility in regards to what is new and confidence in what I know. I also want to be much more complimentary of others; I usually think positive things, but I want to do a better job of actually vocalizing them and making other people feel proud of their work.


I would also love to feature each resolution as I put them into practice- like encouraging scriptures, healthy recipes & work outs, and situations in the office. Does that sound like something worth reading? What are your New Year's resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. Great resolutions hun! Best of luck in this year!
    -wHiT

    www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be surprised if those shoes aren't in your closet tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...