Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mad Men: Hair

Lauren's birthday party is only 2 days away and I'm still working on my Mad Men look. One of my favorite parts of watching the show is seeing all their fabulous hair styles. And not just the ladies- the men of Sterling Cooper have serious sophistication.




The Art of Manliness featured a Man Men Guide to a Manly Haircut filled with tips to tell your barber and how to style. The signature look? Tight on the sides, a sharp part on the left side of the head, and a healthy looking shine. No matter if you identify more with Don than Pete or Roger it's all in the confidence of pulling off the part (not the role- literally the part in your hair)! My biggest task will be convincing Taylor to clean shave...





How do Betty, Peggy and Joan perfect those waves and curls? The key is the pin curl and some volume. And to think you can have soft coif waves without the heat of an iron or rollers is such a relief. For Lauren's party I'm hoping to pull off Joan's up-do since my dress has some-what of an open back.


There are tons of pin curl tutorials available on YouTube but I found these two to be most helpful - here and here.

Photo sources: Top three photos from here // Bottom three photos from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...