Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mad Men: Make Up


Since yesterday was Lauren's official birthday, a few of us went out last night to celebrate with her new ID :) Even though I've been fasting for the past 2 1/2 weeks, it was great to go out and laugh with good friends.

For today's Mad Men post I'm excited to talk about make up! My hope is to channel Joan Halloway and her simple, but seductive beauty come Saturday.

[via]
I found Beauty Blitz's Insider Tricks to be extremely helpful. For eyeshadow they recommend caramel and velvety taupe; for cheeks a peachy cream blush; and for lips a racy orange-red lipstick. My only addition would be liquid eyeliner, perhaps with a subtle cateye.

Here is the make up I am working with:






From the top: 1. MAC blush in Early Morning  // 2. Mary Kay sensational effects eyeshadow // 3. MAC eyeshadow in Patina // 4. MAC fluidline in Dipdown // 5. Laura Mercier hydratint in Crimson.

[via]
If you're more of a Betty Draper kind of gal, you can play up the look with light blue eyeshadow, creamy pink blush and a light peachy lipstick. Either way, I'm sure all the girls at the party will look flawless.

If you want a more throughout tutorial on 1960's makeup, check out this video by Pixiwoo. Stay tuned for tomorrow when I share inspiration for Mad Men hairstyles!

P.S. Be sure to check my other Mad Men inspiration - place cards and cocktails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...