Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Purge & A Plan


This past Saturday was our church's annual yard sale where all the money goes towards our missions contribution. I haven't participated in years past because the timing just hasn't worked out but I was happy to finally be a part of the festivities and get rid of lots of stuff.

I was especially excited to clean out our guest room (if you can even call it that anymore) by donating the full size bed, green leather arm chair and purging about half my closet. Now that the room is cleared out, I am making room for the desk that currently sits in our living room for Taylor's studying/work space. The trick to truly using the room for studying or work will be to disguise the dog creates. I have searched for ideas on Pinterest, Google, Apartment Therapy and HGTV and although most ideas are cute or relatively practical, most are for small dogs and our crates are huge.




For inspiration, I loved sifting through Apartment Therapy's ideas on small work spaces (transformed from closets!!) and this room transformation in particular caught my eye. My plan is to be as thrify as possible, using items we already have around the house. Since some purchases were necessary I picked up a table top with adjustable legs and a shelving unit yesterday at IKEA. Wish me luck as I attempt to assemble everything without losing my sanity!

// Image sources: 1. Apartment Therapy, 2. Apartment Therapy, 3. Apartment Therapy //

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...