Tuesday, September 11, 2012

n.y. love


New York City will always have a special place in my heart and today my heart is heavier than usual when I think of this day eleven years ago. I remember sitting in my 7th grade English class (while living in northern New Jersey) when it was announced that those who had parents working in the World Trade were dismissed to call home.

The day was such a blur, but the deep confusion I felt on the way home from school while my friend's mom explained what happened has always stuck with me. I will never understand why someone would want to rob others of peace, but I am grateful to live in a country that rises above horror and grief and unites for justice.

Where were you on this day eleven years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...