Tuesday, January 15, 2013

winter woes


Without fail this year is already moving right along and I am still trying to figure out how to catch up on work, blogging, grocery shopping, cleaning...the list goes on :) By not offering too many excuses, I will just say life has been busy (as we can all relate too) and I want this little blog to get back on my list of daily priorities.

Currently, Taylor and I are at very critical points in our careers. Choices are before us that could affect the next 2+ years of our life and talking about the future of our family has honestly scared me. I often have an inward battle of questing how much can I truly plan when God is ultimately in control?

Recently we were given some refreshing perspective and challenged to really think about where we see ourselves in ten years (where we live, how many kids we have, how much money we make, etc) and how to plan in practical ways.

Being practical is definitely a strength of Taylor's and not mine. I make choices based on emotion (as most girls do, I think) and would rather be led my feelings. In today's economy, do young professionals have the luxury of risk taking? How far can you truly follow your gut versus your mind? Have you ever taken a leap of faith in your realm of work? What was the outcome?

"Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16

// Photo via Wit & Delight //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...