Monday, January 28, 2013

protecting your joy


I would like to kick off this week with a little mental inspiration. And to begin this tradition I thought we should talk about one of the biggest battles we face as women: comparing ourselves to others. Working in the event planning industry and saturating my brain with blogs and Pinterest has definitely led to some "I want her life!" moments.

In such a visually stimulated world it's easy to make simple assumptions based on what someone looks like and judging someone's life based on a blog post is probably not very accurate. Naturally, when I lose my sense of personal joy I go to a place of jealousy and bitterness. The truth is there is so much to be joyful for - life, health, family, friends and purpose (just to name a few). If I can cling to those truths this week I know I won't feel the need to compare myself to anything or anyone.

Where do you find your joy and how do you protect it?

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
Psalm 90:14

// Photo via Pinterest //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...