Monday, April 9, 2012

dream home {outdoor space}


The countdown to the new house has reached less than two weeks! I'm excited and overwhelmed at the thought of packing, unpacking, painting, and decorating- but I know it will all turn out great. One of the luxuries that comes with the new house is a fenced in back yard, complete with covered patio, grill/smoker and kids playhouse (not that we're having kids anytime soon).

Besides being perfect for Chief, it's also exactly what I want in terms of outdoor entertaining. Over the weekend I gathered some inspiration for our outdoor space. If my wicker chair makeover doesn't work out for the living room, we could always put them on the patio.


Another idea for ultimate lounging would be a hammock. I can absolutely see myself falling asleep on this during a cool summer evening. I love the dainty tassels too :)


I can't wait for outdoor dinners with our friends and using the side yard for corn hole. Taylor and I have already started talking about a "house warming" party as our first excuse to have everyone over and try out the grill!



I guess I will be on the hunt for some outdoor seating. Any suggestions for where to find reasonably priced tables and chairs? Charming cafe lights are also a must for the backyard. Don't they seem more sophisticated than your average twinkle lights?


Our landlords are graciously letting us do any gardening we want and even though I have no idea if I have a green thumb, it will be fun to try something new! Do you garden? What's best to plant in late spring?

I hope your Monday is wonderful!

// Photo sources: 1. via A well traveled woman, 2. from Design*Sponge, 3. from Design*Sponge, 4. via the style files, 5. via Apartment Therapy, 6. via Pinterest //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...