Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chief, the one-year-old.


Yesterday was Chief's first birthday and I have to say I am one proud pet-parent! It is hard to believe that this time last year, Taylor and I were less than a year into marriage, hanging out at Jittery Joe's and crossing our fingers that there was a boy in the recently born litter of German shepherd puppies.

I'm sure some moms would choke me if I said raising a dog is like a child (although I have done a lot of babysitting...), but the bond has to be like a sneak peek of being a momma. The past year has been filled with so many hilarious (and frustrating) memories...like potty training, moving into a new house, going on walks, thinking Chief would never run out of energy, finding ripped up magazines, and cuddling in bed. I could not imagine our little family without him!

Here are some of my favorite recent pics of our pup:





I'm looking forward to seeing how Chief  "mellows out" as an adult :) And who knows, maybe within this year we will add another pup to our family (and maybe I already have the name picked out)!

xoxo

P.S. If anyone in the Athens-area is looking for a German shepherd breeder, we highly recommend Allen Kennels.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Chief! Hope you got lots of delicious treats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...