Tuesday, October 30, 2012

thrifty & crafty


My younger sister came into town on Saturday and since Chief was sick, we stayed home for the afternoon and worked on a few Pinterest-inspired projects. Lauren made a painting for a friend and I worked on a nautical project for my dining room table:



I washed out cans from this recipe and hot glued all-purpose rope from Walmart. It will look more complete once there are flowers in it, but I think they came out pretty cute! I've already given one away and have a few more to spare in case I need a last minute gift.



I also used some left over scrap wood to create a personalize sign for my sweetie. I cut out our initials with blue painters tape, covered the entire board with white acrylic paint and then removed the tape. I think it would nice above a door frame in the guest room.

I am hoping to post finished product pictures soon! What projects are you working on these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...