Tuesday, February 19, 2013

taste buds


How was everyone's Valentine's Day? I hope y'all had a great time celebrating love or being spoiled by your significant other. A couple weeks ago I was inspired to whip up a batch of chocolate souffles simply because I wanted to put my little ramekins to use and get better at baking.



I used this recipe with a few modifications and was pleasantly surprised by how easy they were to make. If you are looking for any last minute dessert ideas for a loved one or perhaps for the Academy Awards this Sunday (more on that later), these could do just the trick!



Melting the chocolate was simple as long as I kept an eye on it not getting scorched. This was also my first time whipping up egg whites so I was mesmerized by the transformation to a smooth and fluffy mixture. I may have over packed the ramekins as the souffles overflowed a little, but having too much dessert is never really a problem, right?





xoxo

P.S. I think it's time to break the SLR camera back out.

// Top photo courtesy of Martha Stewart //

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...