Tuesday, November 1, 2011

over the weekend

Love the bunting! And I'm sure it's easy to make with a bee stencil & some black spray paint. Saw it on The Sweetest Occassion via Style Me Pretty
Yikes is it already Tuesday? This thing just got started and I'm behind on posts. Over the weekend I went to see my parents, watched UGA clinch a sweet victory over those "gatahs" and worked on a fun little project...baby shower invitations :) My good friend Shannen is having a little girl in a bout a month and I'm co-hosting a shower for her in a couple weeks. The theme is "honeybee" so I've been bouncing around the web trying to find some decor inspiration for the soiree...

Homemade honey favors. Again from here via here.
Pinned Image
Simple flowers with a touch of fall. From Pinterest via you guessed it- here.
Pinned Image
Pom poms are a must- perhaps as a garland over the fire place.
Photo from Martha Stewart.
We probably won't have a "game" but I love the idea of teaming up to design a one-zie with iron-ons like this (but girly of course):

Photo from here.
And maybe some bee quotes here and there like:

"If I was a flower growing wild & free
All I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee"
-Barry Louis Polisar, All I Want Is You

I'll post a picture of the invitation later, but for an idea- the look came from here. Have a fancy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...